Product Development Specialist
Tourism Industry & Destination Development
We are looking for an experienced Product Development Specialist who will be responsible for co-ordinating product development operations and facilitating development strategies on behalf of the organisation. He or she will be responsible for any co-ordination requirements of product development, including researching on market trends, liaising with cross functional departments on requirements and collecting data and feedback from stakeholders.
The ideal candidate has a passion for working on both research and analytical initiatives, as well as on product design to create a cohesive and bespoke tourism product.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Analyse and assess proposed new products and services.
- Design new routes, itineraries, tours and experiences (further called product) as per the approved project plans.
- Conduct market research and analysis of tourism product trends and competitor destinations.
- Be in constant communication with industry partners and Destination Management Organisations (or TICs) to get an understanding of product gaps based on their experiences with tourists.
- Prepare itineraries as per request forms.
- Conduct research on possible stakeholders’ needs to enhance the level of products and experiences to national and international levels.
- Regulate and increase tourism experiences and activities, create good conditions for infrastructure, facilities and services on location, ensure and increase quality standards of existing tourism products.
- Establish strong co-ordination between the public and private sector for the well-being and development of existing products.
- Provide content for brochures, magazines, websites, platforms, etc.
- Gain full knowledge about the regions of Azerbaijan; the cultural, natural and historical resources available both in the regions and Baku.
- Bachelor’s degree in tourism or minimum 2 years’ experience in the tourism industry.
- Proven working experience as a product developer or in a related department.
- Be comfortable in writing content.
- Work well within a team.
- Creative and innovative thinking skills.
- Flexibility to travel to the regions and other destinations with overnight stays.
- Advanced, results-driven skills.
- Competitive research and analysing skills.
- Project management skills.
- Strategy implementation capability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience interacting with both business and relevant department needs.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to create structured and organised project documents, user manuals and reports.
- Broad experience in preparing tender documentation (RFP, RFI).
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills in Azerbaijani and English (Russian is an asset).
The Thematic Product Development Specialist works a regular workweek from Monday to Friday, but occasionally has to work over weekends and/or public holidays, or at tourism events if required.
Candidates are requested to send their CVs to [email protected] until 28.11.2020.
Please indicate the name of the position (Product Development Specialist) you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further stages of the recruitment process.