What is the Ambassador Programme?
The ambassador programme was created on the initiative of the Azerbaijan Convention Bureau in 2019.
We define ambassadors as Azerbaijani scientists, doctors or industry experts, as well as senior representatives of national branches of international companies based in Azerbaijan. Due to their international network and reputation these ambassadors have the power to influence the choice of international decision makers of conferences, congresses and exhibitions so that certain events can take place in Azerbaijan. With our ambassadors we are aiming to make Baku and Azerbaijan an attractive destination for business-related events.
The Ambassador Programme is a set of activities, tools and support services designed by the Azerbaijan Convention Bureau to assist destination ambassadors to attract business events to the country.
The Azerbaijan Convention Bureau team, consisting of PCB experts and partners, provides congress ambassadors with its full support at every stage of the bidding process through to planning and promotion and organisation of the congress in Azerbaijan in order to make the event successful.
Ambassador Programme goals:
- Increase the country’s competitiveness and reputation within the business events industry;
- Increase the number of hosted business events in Azerbaijan;
- Recognize and appreciate the destination ambassadors for their contribution to the business events industry as well as for representing Azerbaijan internationally;
- Promote key sectors of the national economy.
Who can become an ambassador?
An ambassador in the context of the business events industry is a person with a strong network, influential in the respective field and able to act as a representative of a destination. An ambassador is best prepared to work with national and international professionals to secure business events for the destination. On behalf of an international association or organization an ambassador can propose Azerbaijan as the host for a business event in the respective sector: science, industry, public or private. Together with the ambassadors we aim at increasing Azerbaijan´s reputation as a professional destination for business events.
Benefits for the ambassadors include:
- Increased visibility and reputation among your colleagues at national and international level;
- Possibility to develop your national association network;
- Opportunity to share the findings gained in Azerbaijan with your colleagues from the industry;
- Increased visibility among the wider public, organizations and state authorities;
- Improved reputation of the specific industry or field of study;
- Access to the latest technologies and intellectual capital;
- Chance to attract foreign investments in the region;
- Enhanced reputation of the academic, scientific and business communities in Azerbaijan.
Do you want to become an ambassador? Contact us!